Image not available

1024x1024

wip nigga.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 926268

/wip/ - Works in Progress Black Hole Edition

Post your work-in-progress projects, recently finished projects, or things you'd like critiqued here.

Previous thread: >>921875

List of free resources: https://pastebin.com/cZLVnNtB
/3/ Discord for those interested: https://discord.gg/ujt5vtr4DE

Image not available

1602x832

0001-1862.webm

Anonymous No. 926270

WIP for almost 23 months now.

Anonymous No. 926271

>>926270
That's pretty awesome. Is it for a game or is it "just" a VRChat avatar?

Image not available

1950x940

hair compare.png

Anonymous No. 926272

>>926270

I've always had trouble with the hair
If anyone has tips or wants to doodle over it I would appreciate it very much

2nd one is unfinished, but I don't think it's going to turn out good anyways.

Anonymous No. 926274

>>926271
vTuber maybe?
I really don't think I have the personality to do it though.
At least I'm having fun making this though.

This probably won't work for VRChat. Too much weird bullshit going on.

Anonymous No. 926280

>>926272
Impressive. What engine? If Unity, where do you add the custom code to change rendering?
That hair mask is too much I think tho, perhaps make it smaller

Image not available

2155x1168

GoldemRoom01.png

Anonymous No. 926311

Starting to model an environment, the inside of a biomechanical spaceship.
Left is the highpoly and right is the Unreal Scene with test textures on the assets that are already retopoed and UVed

Anonymous No. 926319

>Post something
>Get no (you)s

Is this because it's alright, not great, not complete shit, just average so not worth a (you), is it because it's so shit it's not worth (you)ing, or can it be a combination of both?
I'm incredibly insecure so I need this answered.

Anonymous No. 926320

>>926311
Are you the anon that made the giger coffin? How do you get your scuplts to look so sharp and smooth ?

Anonymous No. 926321

>>926319
Post your work anon, i will reply to it >>926319

Image not available

1920x1080

0018.jpg

Anonymous No. 926322

I still need to add a lot of shit to the field (dead trees, rocks, mechanical rubble) and a character going though it.

Image not available

1997x1278

1655252758902.jpg

Anonymous No. 926323

>>926321
I was just curious about it because I see it often and wasn't sure why.
I do have something to post that I'm having an issue with if you want to help me with that? I'm just not sure if it will look alright in the final render or not, though I don't think it will.
It looks too cartoony and I can't tell if it's because of my pathetic attempt at making the material or my pathetic attempt at splintered wood, or it might even be both. The material looks like cardboard and the splinters look too big. Like wood doesn't splinter that way, it's much smaller and more "needle" like.

Anonymous No. 926324

>>926323
Looking at it now I could probably lighten the material inside the splinters too because it's always lighter there than it is outside.

Anonymous No. 926327

>>926320
Yes, I sculpt the base details on a low subdivision, then I dynamesh with polish and no blur, after that i sculpt the details while slowly increasing the dynamesh resolution, after I have the major forms done and detailed I subdivide it 1 or 2 more times and use Smooth Peaks/Smooth Valleys and polish/flatten(on a pretty high intensity) on the areas i want to sharpen or smooth.
Another tip is to use Dam standard on the edges to make them sharper, although I didn't use it in this environment
(if you are sculpting using alphas/stencils you might want to start increasing the subdivisions earlier so they come out more defined)

another method if you are currently working with a dynamesh subtool, duplicate it, zremesh the lower subtool (maybe repeat with the 'half option enabled'). Project then divide and repeat until it matches the detail of your first subtool. You should find that you can smooth more easily, especially if you switch down subdivision levels, as well as large movements to big portions of the mesh with the Move tool at lower subdivision to rapidly modify the silhouette.

Anonymous No. 926328

>>926322
Giving me some Death Stranding vibes
Ground and mountains are looking a bit low resolution though, might want to increase their polycount or refine the materials

Image not available

1920x1275

broken-wood-plank....jpg

Anonymous No. 926329

>>926323
Its both, the wood material looks too monochromatic and there is not enough color variation on the inside and outside of the wood.
The engraving also looks too clean and perfect, adding some slight imperfections (Burn/slashes) around the outside of the engraving might help.
You might want to make some modular Splinter pieces to place along the places where the model is broken, there should be a lot of small needle like pieces of wood sticking out from under the big cracks

Anonymous No. 926330

>>926280
Unity + Scriptable Render Feature

Are you talking about the notch in the head? I made it oversized because it needs to catch attention from thumbnails. I figured a bit of gore/body horror would work.
Do you think you would get used to it if you stared at it for a while? Or is it just too big?

Anonymous No. 926331

>>926329
>Its both
I had a feeling that was the case. I think I'll just redo it to save the hassle. The first time I did it it was a lot better. This time I didn't do enough subdivisions and knew immediately I'd fucked up.
I'll just steal a material from somewhere. I probably have one saved already.

>The engraving also looks too clean and perfect
Do you mean the eagle? It's not really meant to be an engraving, it's supposed to be more like painted on with a stencil.
What I meant to do with that was sort of, I'm not sure what you call it with modeling but with real spray painting it's called overspray, you know like feather the edges so it isn't as sharp looking? I probably should have done that on the image itself rather than try to do it in Blender. Not that I've tried yet.

>You might want to make some modular Splinter pieces to place along the places where the model is broke
Good idea. I'll try that too and report back.

Thanks senpai.

Anonymous No. 926333

>>926323
Do you have subsurface scattering turned on?
If you do, remember to adjust both subsurface radius and color
I also think the lighting isn't giving your work a fair chance.

Image not available

1992x1634

1642135410144.jpg

Anonymous No. 926335

>>926333
I don't have subsurface scattering on. It's one of those things I always forget about it. I'll try it with that.
I'm just using an HDRI for the lighting right now. I'll fix that up at the end. It seems to look a bit better when the other parts are in the scene for some reason.

Pic related is just a test, but it's a lot better r-right?

Image not available

1200x1200

wip1.1.jpg

Anonymous No. 926344

Learning substance painter, that's pretty much it. I wish you all a fine evening.

Anonymous No. 926347

>>926344
Why do you have on and off switches? Usually with a switch when it's one way it's on and when it's the other it's off. Buttons sometimes have one for on and one for off, but I don't think switches usually do.
I'm not dabbing on you btw I'm just saying and being nitpicky.

Anonymous No. 926352

>>926347
For safety, one disengages the other. Joking aside, texel density for that uv shell must be too low, finer print was too blurry so i just slapped this on. I'll have that in mind next time.

Image not available

598x573

pork.png

Anonymous No. 926355

Oink oink bitches

Anonymous No. 926358

>>926268
>no more /wip/ OP image with all the cool things anons made cut out and strewn about in wacky ways
What happened? We used to have fun around here...

Anonymous No. 926360

>>926358
Pretty sure some of the faggots started a hiss-fit about it and the admin got tired.

Anonymous No. 926361

>>926358
>>926360
Nah we love CollageAnon senpai, from what I remember I think he was just a little burned out from having other things going on in his life as well.
Last time we agreed that, should he ever return, that we should make transparent cutouts of our WIPs moving forward so that he can more easily make those sweet sweet collages.
But he's not forced to keep making those collages of course, and also nobody is stopping other anons from making collages for the OP should they so desire

Anonymous No. 926365

>>926358
I imagine it's tiresome to maintain.
>Want to start a new thread
>Have to spend the next 30 minutes collecting everyone's images, editing the backgrounds out, and placing them in the image.

Image not available

810x540

0000000258.webm

Anonymous No. 926375

When there is no precedent for the design you have laid out, the path has not been illuminated by others and you must light it yourself as you go- the design will sink or swim based on the creator's execution

The ultimate goal is to create strong media for others to experience and enjoy. The obstacles are never-ending, it is beyond just finding ways to express myself- I find expression natural- However, navigating these paths to execute that expression in the form of interactive experience, where creator meets player, in novel form, is what I find most difficult

Getting from A to B, and making sure it melds with all other point to point connections in the design

I don't feel scared, nor defeated. I feel lost sometimes, forgetting the course I've laid out to get from A to B. I feel overwhelmed at times, and frozen, unable to act due to the scope of my own designs.

About a year into this journey, myself and 2 friends. They are programmers . Wish me luck, we are working toward gameplay demonstration before year's end

This is some goodprocess xtras from my art side of the project

Image not available

1074x1171

t1.png

Anonymous No. 926376

>>926268
Practicing some hand painted texturing and pretending that properly deforming shoulders are overrated anyway.

Anonymous No. 926380

>>926330
You get used to used.

>Scriptable Render Feature
Thanks. Will check this

Anonymous No. 926381

>>926311
Do some vagina doors like in Stars are Legion

>>926376
What software are you using to paint it? People tell me you can do it in substance painter but it sucks

Anonymous No. 926382

>>926381
To be honest, I am just using the Blender texture painting tool. It is kind of lackluster, but I am reasonably competent in Photoshop, if I want to touch it up. So far however, the only thing I have done outside Blender is upping the contrast a little bit with an adjustment layer.

Anonymous No. 926386

>>926376
I was just about to ask you about your shoulders. I've been trying to make good shoulders forever. But it's like no matter what I do, it's never even close to good enough.

How is everyone making shoulders? Is there some ultra secret to bones that you have to pay for to learn?

Anonymous No. 926397

>>926381
Great idea

Anonymous No. 926399

>>926335
big improvement already,

Anonymous No. 926407

>>926375
Your animation work is exemplary as always! Good luck with the game; love seeing your stuff.

Image not available

1052x698

image_2022-11-18_....png

Anonymous No. 926421

>>926323
It's an anonymous image board, don't really see the point of being self-conscious of your work. You'll get good feedback, but if something isn't responded to then something isn't responded to. No real deeper meaning necessarily.

Every now and then even I'll post about while I'm learning, and my stuff is 99% flat planes that fail to capture the aesthetic I'm going for. Your work is already leagues ahead, so no point in stressing the small stuff.

Image not available

1909x2091

24.jpg

Anonymous No. 926432

Trying to make my first npr scene. I don't think there's much else I can really add, however I'm also still not fully satisfied with it -- it's hard to try get that anime-esque look without just looking like bad 3d.

I want it to be all done in blender, so no after painting etc. Any criticisms or things I could add?

Anonymous No. 926435

>>926432
That's quite nice!
I think the moon should be brighter, right now it looks grey and dull
Maybe the water could be either choppier or flatter, it looks a bit oily now. Or maybe it's a scale thing. Or it needs more variety.

Anonymous No. 926447

>>926319
It's meaningless to overthink this, anon. Make art because you enjoy the process or the subject matter. If you enjoy wood and you like to see it broken, then do that and be happy with yourself. Not getting (You)'s just means anons had nothing to say about it at the time, no more, no less. The 'it got no engagement so it must be terrible' plot of land is not somewhere I would encourage you to build a home in.

Anonymous No. 926449

>>926375
BASED world4jack post

Anonymous No. 926450

>>926399
Hey thanks. I'll improve the splinters and try to do some modular splinters too because it'll pretty close to the camera.

>>926421
I'm not really insecure I was just joking about that and I do normally get feedback when I post. It was just one of those things I'd noticed (not just when I post, but other people too) and often wondered about.
I like your aesthetic btw. I'm not sure if it's what you're going for, but it feels like the first Sims.
Thanks though anon, I appreciate it.

>>926447
The funny thing is I only really do it because I enjoy it. I've left it much too late in the day to ever make a career of it or anything like that.
You are right though in what you say and, like I said to the other anon, I was only joking about being insecure. Really I just like to know if I'm heading in the right direction with things.
Truthfully everyone in /wip/ has helped me since I started and have never been anything but nice. Nice as in being helpful. Not as in blowing smoke up my arse telling me something shit was good just to "spare my feelings" or whatever.

Thanks bros.

Image not available

962x1058

fast_shop.jpg

Anonymous No. 926451

>>926432
I think it's really nice, but you asked for ideas so I made a few tweaks:
- removed the mountains, added backlit clouds
- lanterns got a little more depth
- made indoor lighting pop more like the windows in the top left

Anonymous No. 926465

>>926432
Yeah, the water was something I was having issue with, I'll need to play with it some more to get it right

>>926451
This is super helpful, the small things like the lantern depth seem so obvious in hindsight. Thanks to both for the help!

Anonymous No. 926467

>>926432
This looks awesome, great work anon

Anonymous No. 926473

>>926323
Do you have any reference images collected anon? It's easier to compare what's wrong with the render side by side with the reference. Upon first impressions the textures are too uniform and don't have any surface imperfections. I am not really sure why the planks has spaces between em unless this is just a test render for the prop.

Anonymous No. 926491

>>926473
Good point actually I always forget to use references. I was just running off the logic of
>It's a wooden box how hard can it be
Like I usually do and I even know it's the wrong way to do things. Although the other part that I haven't posted yet I did use references for, but there's that many designs of it it was much easier to take some artistic liberties.
I haven't done the imperfections or nothing yet on the wood. Not on that one or the one I've replaced it with. I was going to do that later because I've never tried it before so I'm procrastinating with it.
One thing I am having an issue with is how intense the bump map on the new wood is. It's never been an issue before and it looks fine as long as no light is shining directly on it, but when it is it looks really intense and it looks way too shiny which I assume is the roughness map. It almost looks like skin that's cracked and then been candied. It's disgusting. I have a feeling it's just not scaled enough so I'll try that first.
>I am not really sure why the planks has spaces between em
From what I know it depends what they're storing. Crates that hold fresh produce have gaps between the blanks so fresh air can get to in and stop whatever is inside from going manky.
For me it's more of an aesthetic choice, I just prefer gappy crates. Although with the schizo headcanon I'm using for the scene I could make the argument for what's inside needing to be kept fresh.
I appreciate your help anon. Thanks.

Image not available

4800x5155

shot_g_min.png

Anonymous No. 926498

update on cow-girl from the last thread.
Need to work on making better-looking faces and the like.
Hopefully will git gud with practice.

Anonymous No. 926501

>>926498
Complete garbage.

Anonymous No. 926502

>>926501
I like it >:(

Anonymous No. 926523

>>926498
fix the face please, it looks gross and unappealing
The braids are also have some very distinct edges you might want to smooth out, the rest of it looks decent though

Anonymous No. 926527

>>926498
.... very puffy vulva

Image not available

4800x2700

shot_b.png

Anonymous No. 926530

>>926523
I think it's fine and you're a dumbass.
Doesn't matter now though, it's done.

Image not available

453x831

cowgirl touchup.png

Anonymous No. 926531

>>926498
You do have a decent grasp on anatomy, but the face looks somewhat unappealing personally. Eyes and forehead look ok, nose ok (I don't mind snub-noses or it might just be the camera angle that's giving the impression of it), but the area between the nose and the upper lip is likely the major culprit in this perceived ugliness of mine: it's too chiseled and looks Shrek-tier, might I suggest smoothing it out a bit? As it is it's creating some pretty strong and not very pretty shadows due to likely deep crevices, I think it might be worth trying to make those crevices shallower in that area. See pic rel to show what I mean. That's what I would do anyway, it's your model.
Other than that, lips look ok and chin looks ok.

Overall a good model. Sculpts always tend to look a bit off, but once you slap some textures on and put actual lighting on (you know what I mean like HDRI shit) it should look breddy gud

Image not available

1920x1080

014.png

Anonymous No. 926592

>>926322
I liked the chains coming from the sky, looks pretty cool.

observation deck from Silent Hill 2. I tried to make a middle ground between the original and the remake version

Anonymous No. 926601

>>926322
I think the sparseness of the environment is actually fine if you're going for some kinda creepy vibe here. The chains are way too big and there's far too many of them though, just makes the whole thing seem a bit cluttered and silly. Also you did a good job with the whole 'sun being seriously obstructed by a layer of clouds' thing but then you put all these super thick ones at the top and it's a little weird.
Take the Suzanne head off. I know it's a preview and you're having fun with it but y'know... it's not that type of render.
Curious to see more of this and where you'll take it, anon. Keep it up.

>>926592
Looks fantastic, mate. Texture work is super consistent to that PS2 era. Nice and roughed up and grungy in all the right ways, no extra channels making things clash unnecessarily. If this was one of those HD texture pack projects or fan restoration projects I'd be a little proud of it.

Image not available

2869x1842

file.png

Anonymous No. 926631

sonic stuff.

Anonymous No. 926639

>>926344
love this aesthetic!
>>926376
AO looks good. Maybe a little AO where your model pieces come together? Like where the Hair attaches (or in between) to the head.
>>926592
Awesome. Makes me want to play it.
>>926631
Lighting looks really cool.

Image not available

1862x1048

Renagade_gun_01_Wip.jpg

Anonymous No. 926688

Just got a 3D printer so now I'm working on a post-apocalyptic vermin/ratmen army.

Weapons are based off of Anvil Industry's

The Ratmen them self's will look like GW's Clanrats but with a more human like upright posture. With softer features so when I make the female Vermin they wont look so out of place while trying not deviate too far from the original look.

Image not available

1024x2048

wipbig.jpg

Anonymous No. 926701

Blocking out this little fella. Crab/spider/bagworm moth automaton, storing goods in his head trunk. With hooks in the back for attaching additional trunk. A bit like the one in horizon zero. I'm having hard time coming up with details though, can't suspend disbelief so to speak. Every joint has to work.
>>926688
You're using geedubs models as a base to modify, or print entire characters and fit them with weapons?

Image not available

670x696

Untitled.png

Anonymous No. 926702

Progress after 2 weeks. My first proper project btw.

Anonymous No. 926704

>>926702
it shows, but you can get away with a lot by flat-shading the face later on
the thumbs go in the wrong direction but it kind of works if it's supposed to be a monstrous hand

Anonymous No. 926706

>>926701
Cool. You should make all the eyes telescopic so it can give a lot of character.

Was just copying it because the original plan was to convert Skaven with there bits. GW screwed up my order so it came 3 weeks late and Anvil Indistrys wont let me order with a prepaid visa and not even through paypal. Which is weird because it worked before. And Skaven being $60 Can. I deiced to get an Elegoo Saturn 8k.

https://www.pinterest.ca/search/pins/?q=crab%20robot&rs=typed gather all the reference for 30min. then stop sit-down and sketch.

Image not available

1539x892

Wip1.png

Anonymous No. 926715

Been working on this today. Some progress yes? I decided to go with the new head.

Image not available

702x825

Wip2.png

Anonymous No. 926716

Some upgrades.

Image not available

789x872

Wip4.png

Anonymous No. 926718

Image not available

1165x724

Wip3.png

Anonymous No. 926719

Anonymous No. 926730

>>926270
why are you here? You deserve better.

Anonymous No. 926735

>>926715
>>926716
>>926718
>>926719
Loving it so far!

Image not available

1363x854

zall.png

Anonymous No. 926752

Update on my Zaku 2 from a few threads back

Yesterday It took about 10 hours to unwrap everything. Its all ID mapped and prebaked for substance which is what I did today for the head.

The cockpit got some more greebling attention as did the exterior. It should look great.

Anonymous No. 926758

>>926272
How did you make her features change shape based on camera angle?

Image not available

2316x1432

01.jpg

Anonymous No. 926759

>>926159
It wasn't mine. I can't draw, much less draw well enough to come up with a character.
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3563812?q=siege_%28arknights%29+official_art
It's a character from a gacha game I like and play.
Thanks for the feedback.

Anonymous No. 926760

>>926752
Sweet, can't wait to see it finished. With some dirt and grime and whatnot.

Image not available

564x797

96f39932ebc32fedd....jpg

Anonymous No. 926832

I want to start making anime -esque tanks and experiment with NPR, but for now I'm a complete creative hack , and I can't help but feel guilty about really wanting to crib people's designs off pinterest like pic related.

I probably shouldn't because I have 0 plan to monetize my work and will give credit when the model is done.

What got me some motivation is the release of this thing :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3lYNze-EeU
Some guy made a 'custom build" of Blender specifically tuned for Anime style Shading.
It might be one of the first things I "buy" off Patreon, just to see how he handled the lighting.

Image not available

1280x720

0001.webm

Anonymous No. 926834

>>926832
Before I stopped having time for 3d shit, I made this rocket launcher bug robot, but I think I became discouraged when I bit off more than I could chew with the environment.
I wanted to have like..... an Neon Genesis Evangellion style city street and making all those buildings kinda crushed my sprit.

Anonymous No. 926837

>>926834
I'm aiming to reproduce this exact style, right down to the effects, post processing, "grit" etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=redlketVxn4

Anonymous No. 926850

>>926530
>I think it's fine and you're a dumbass.
classic behavior
>>926531
>Sculpts
its not a sculpt

Anonymous No. 926856

>>926832
Why not try ai designs? I can draw but ai makes things a lot faster

Image not available

800x800

1654532086584.png

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 926870

>>926716

Image not available

1125x1101

CipolliniAdOneBlo....png

Anonymous No. 926873

I'm working on a bobble head of my Dad for his birthday, but the bike handle bar is kind of a weird shape so its just a blockout for now. I might go and sculpt it. So far I've made this through a mix of solidworks and blender because. The thought of bringing it to zbrush when it's already been through so much is kind of funny to me.

Image not available

1126x702

CipolliniAdOneSid....png

Anonymous No. 926874

>>926873
Forgot to mention that the idea is to make a bobble head of my dad ON a bike. Anyways take another wip pic

Anonymous No. 926875

>>926758
I wrote a little script for it.
All it does is:
Calculate the rotation from the head to the camera
Convert that to euler angles
Shove the euler angles through some AnimationCurve s
Apply the resulting values to the position, rotation, and scale of each face feature

Anonymous No. 926876

>>926834
Looking good anon

If you're planning to do animations and stuff I recommend taking a look at this video.
https://youtu.be/ZsvZsVPhTVs?t=275

The guy covers some important points about the limitations of 2D drawing and why certain movements in 3D anime look terrible.
The rest of the video is interesting too but not as important as that stuff.

Image not available

2581x1331

1660749533413.jpg

Anonymous No. 926879

I think it's looking a bit better now /wip/ chads. Still other things I need to do obviously, but progress is progress right? I still can't fix that normal map intensity btw so no bully.

Not related to this, but more to Blender in general. I've noticed a bit of an oddity with the HDRI. It's not really an issue, but I'm not sure why it's happening. Just wondering if any of you have came across it before.

>Use the same HDRI all the time just for the lighting and always make my HDRIs transparent
>Sometimes forget to do it and just do all of the lighting at the end
>Start noticing my usual HDRI being reflected in some objects even when I'm not using an HDRI
>Maybe I'm just seeing things
>Use different HDRI for this project that's snowy (for obvious reasons) while the usual one is more like a sunny forest
>Shade something smooth and the HDRI is reflected in it
>But it's the sunny forest one and not the snowy one that I'm using
>Strange
>Turn autosmoothing on
>HDRI reflection changes to the snowy one that I'm using

Like I say it's not something important it's just weird.

Image not available

1764x740

car bottom.jpg

Anonymous No. 926881

topology CHADS.
do you know why the mouth of my car is crumpled up like this?
Pretty sure it's because my topology is wrong but idk how to make it smooth

Image not available

1764x740

1669093656721565.png

Anonymous No. 926882

>>926881
I'm a newbie myself. And truth be told, I don't really understand what you're asking. What is the "crumpled" part exactly? But in any case, I think I see some oddities here.
The two small circles show stray edges suddenly ending. Shouldn't you resolve those? Or is there some advanced topology technique I'm not aware of?

The long circle on the bottom is just me noticing that two edgeloops are really close together. You can probably get rid of one. Unless it's serving a function I'm not aware of.

The hatching is me notcing that there's an extra row of quads on the bottom of the mouth, but not on the top. Not really a problem if you did it on purpose. But the lack of symmetry just caught my eye.

Image not available

1920x1080

choochooo1.png

Anonymous No. 926898

>>926268
opened up an old project I had but the topology of everything is fucked so i cant unwrap and add proper textures with mixer.
>>926592
iirc didn't the ps2 use gouche shading? how do you make textures in the ps2 era since newer software have sort of accurate lightning?

Anonymous No. 926899

>>926322
I like it! You could try giving the image a more "large scale" look by making the chain links smaller the further away from the cam they are and keeping the overall chain length.

Anonymous No. 926900

>>926882
The crumpled part of the mouth I circles it desu. It's probably hard to see.
I use ngons in places where I want to leave smooth/undefined. The topology usually solves it self when you smooth it and it tends to look way better than just terminating it with a triangle or something.
The long circle part are places where I need sharper, more defined edges on the tire arch.
As for the bottome squares it's just to hold the shape of the mouth when I smooth it. Probably what's causing the problem but I can't think of an alternative

Image not available

1764x740

1669093656721565.jpg

Anonymous No. 926901

>>926900
I forgot to attach the pic

Image not available

1280x1440

image.png

Anonymous No. 926991

>>926898
The lighting is done using standard lights, such as Omni and Spot type. A Skylight is needed as a complement. It controls the dark parts of the scene to avoid absolute pitch where the light cannot reach (see the attached image). For the background texture I used self-illumination. Shadows are turned off. What looks like a shadow under the car is actually a plane object with opacity. As for the texture, I make it 256px and then convert it to indexed color with 128 colors.

Image not available

1724x1102

workinondeez.png

Anonymous No. 926994

>>926991
Working on deez. I haven't texture painted in years so am learning that again now.

Anonymous No. 927011

>>926994
Wow you sketched those?
That's cool as fuck. Nice job anon.

Image not available

1024x1024

cleanup.png

Anonymous No. 927027

>>927011
thanks anon, the first couple were made all the way back in 2019 and I've had to go back in and cleanup the topology for the hulls.

Anonymous No. 927038

>>926994
>>927027
very nice. I liked the blue car sketch, it has an interesting design.

Anonymous No. 927039

>>926832
Just model the tank, anon. It's a fine sheet. I doubt anybody besides you cares that much. If you actually finish it and want to upload it somewhere, you could always just name the artist or link back to the page you found the sheet somewhere. I wouldn't call it necessary if it's free but I'm sure they'd think it's a nice gesture.

Anonymous No. 927046

>>926832
amogus

Image not available

400x400

soundation.jpg

Anonymous No. 927055

I tried to make a techno song
https://voca.ro/19Db8Rz31w5x

Anonymous No. 927056

>>927055
Oops I thought I was in /mu/...

Image not available

491x699

4.png

Anonymous No. 927082

Trying to sculpt waifus bros... Currently at that stage where I'm just blindly following what I think I'm seeing, need to take a deeper look at anatomy on the weekend

Anonymous No. 927106

>>927082
yes you do, at least you are trying anon

Image not available

2325x855

02.jpg

Anonymous No. 927179

>>926759
Added a base, made some extra holes for the corals, merged the tentacles to the body, added some grunge to the tentacles.

Image not available

1609x717

wip.png

Anonymous No. 927187

I'm making a modified version of the other model for a project of mine.

Anonymous No. 927203

>>927187
Move the irises closer to the middle of the face. More space on the inside of the eye than the outside makes it look crosseyed.

Image not available

920x627

1645004669263.jpg

Anonymous No. 927230

Does anyone know why after you have objects follow a path and then move the object it leaves blue constraint lines from where the origin of the objects were?
Pic related.

Image not available

346x455

relationship lines.png

Anonymous No. 927236

>>927230
Those are possibly relationship lines? The objects you moved, are related to some objects that haven't moved. And the lines merely indicate that there's a relation between the two.
I'm not sure what program you're using. But in Blender, the option to toggle the lines on and off, is in pic related.

Anonymous No. 927238

>>927236
Ah that would make sense. I think I turned the selection and visibility off on the paths I used so now they've been left behind.
Thanks. I'll turn them off when I go back on Blender.

Image not available

2574x1730

Primer2.png

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 927254

The 4chan mods are gaining energy and aren't deleting this post.

A bunch of demons are trying to send people to hell in this place. A group of absolute legends are trying to stop them.

Easy to prove what I say, just saying the following line out loud or in your head:

"My aura is altering all aspects of my being to emit infinite -% energies of an innocuous (not evil) nature into the world."

For More Information:
https://pastebin.com/s v s f j W 1 s

Just remove the spaces.

My name is Clay Cobb
I live in Santa Fe, NM
My mother works for Los Alamos

I am a diaspora Jew living amongst the White Gentile population.

I am seeking protection from world instability from any entity who can provide it.

I am especially interested in the Chinese, Japanese, Israeli, or Russian foreign governments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aUy4poMbfk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzRoETt73J0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T51C7hWkSIM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEmqyAzEuTU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4AOr9kcnrU

Image not available

783x801

FdRKjEx[1].png

Anonymous No. 927359

Needed a prop

Anonymous No. 927365

>>926688
Update. Had to start over for a third time, but now I have more then half done. Need to work on Rat design now.

Image not available

535x750

file.png

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 927379

wip.
first time trying out sculpting, tryna get a female-ish body in. Pointers would be much appreciated.

Image not available

986x814

Renegade_Energy.jpg

Anonymous No. 927390

>>927365
Fogot image.

Image not available

1171x797

wand.png

Anonymous No. 927392

>>927359
oh hey i made one of those before

Anonymous No. 927407

>>927390
absolutely loving these.
are you going for High poly PBR or lowpoly handpainted?

Anonymous No. 927419

>>927392
Nice, how'd you do the bump map for the neck? I figure it wouldn't really show up in the render anyways, but I couldn't think of a good way to do it procedurally.

Image not available

1302x1512

FfSDA1gVIAAiCNK[1].jpg

Anonymous No. 927420

>>927379
This might be more of a preference thing, but I think you're focusing too much more on the fatty deposits vs. the edges that define certain areas. In 2d drawings you'd want to do that, but 3d bodies always looks better to me when they've got shaped flat planes breaking them up. Not my work, but take this one as an extreme example. Barely any focus on fleshy blobs within the silhouette, just a few flat planes (ribcage, knees/shins) and that's enough to give it all the appeal it needs.

It's an extreme example, like I said, and you could say it isn't your style, but in general I think finding ways to work in those flatter areas will help. Not just in terms of design, but in terms of making the mesh deform well once you're actually using it.

Anonymous No. 927421

>>927420
>post i'm replying to was baleeted
Oh. Well, I hope you stuck around to see my post anyways furry guy.

Anonymous No. 927428

>>927420
>>927421
Can you describe to me the image you saw?

Anonymous No. 927432

>>927428
rayman if he genderbent sexy furry and had legs

Image not available

2185x1589

Goldemroomwippp.png

Anonymous No. 927448

>>926311
Some more progress, going to make props, a proper entrance/exit, some decals and some little parasitic creatures to make the environment feel less empty

Image not available

1920x1080

Golggataroth_.webm

Anonymous No. 927449

>>927448
A test flytrough

Anonymous No. 927469

>>927449
Reminds me of the Mantorok room from Eternal Darkness. Doesn't really look that much like it to be honest. Just the overall circular design, with what looks like organic matter lining the walls, and the general feel that you're summoning an ancient god. And correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be an eye motif going on. Like the whole room is inside of one giant eye.(google an eye up close) And then the centerpiece is another eye, with the coffin acting as a slit pupil.

Anonymous No. 927473

>>927420
>>927421
>>927428
>>927432
https://warosu.org/3/thread/926268#p927379
I'm surprised /3/ even gets archived

Image not available

604x449

bake.png

Anonymous No. 927478

>>927419
its just baked from a highpoly lol

Image not available

690x486

blender.png

Anonymous No. 927479

>>927478
high poly in blender for reference

Image not available

2160x2160

kamina.png

Anonymous No. 927489

kamina wip

Anonymous No. 927490

>>927489
nice

Anonymous No. 927492

>>927392
Did you make the I/O/II symbols? This kind of thing is hard for me to find without copyright, I always have to do it in photoshop and the result is never perfect, borders too defined or inconsistent, disproportionate and things like that.

Image not available

2048x2048

wand_switch.png

Anonymous No. 927493

>>927492
> Did you make the I/O/II symbols?
yes lol, its not that hard to make, just a couple of lines in illustrator then import it as a mask in substance painter

Anonymous No. 927494

>>927469
You are pretty much spot on, this is the resting place of an elder god(the coffin and the spirit inside it) the eye motif wasn't intentional but it fits very well with the environment actually, going to push that a bit more in the future

Anonymous No. 927495

>>927489
very good

Image not available

1576x934

consolidated.png

Anonymous No. 927510

>>926994
Currently consolidating a bunch of hulls from various projects into one file.

Image not available

1066x814

Ear V2.png

Anonymous No. 927526

Ear version 2.0. I'm trying to make a clean base mesh ear. My first ear looked pretty much like an ear, but the topology was a little tangled with loops intersecting themselves. Ear V2 has improved topology. There are no self-intersecting loops this time. Though, I feel like it could be improved. For now, I'm just happy to have closed off all the gaps with clean loops.
Critique welcome.

Anonymous No. 927530

>>927420
WOW, looks like Fluffy_Keflar designs.

Anonymous No. 927531

>>927407
Was going to 3D print them off for ratman army.

Image not available

1346x791

oh my fucking god.png

Anonymous No. 927543

I was making some janny props. Accidentally, I saw something no human eye should ever see.

It haunts you.
Everywhere you go.
And it won't stop, until you're dead.

Anonymous No. 927549

>>927543
those wet floor signs are looking a little conspicuous

Image not available

1920x1080

test3.png

Anonymous No. 927561

>>926268
got sick of grinding pbr scenes and came back to psx again. i have no clue how light night scenes for psx other than pre baked lightning. liking it so far and just need to replay signalis again.

Anonymous No. 927563

>>927543
that's right, clean it up janny!

Anonymous No. 927567

>>927392
>>927359
Hey my sister has one of these for her back. Why are you guys making them?

Anonymous No. 927577

>>927561
looks more like a low rez monkey island or adventure games of the early 90s than anything from the PSX

Image not available

1024x1024

wip3.jpg

Anonymous No. 927581

>>926701
Slow progress on my boy, orange parts are more or less how i want them, minus cables.

Anonymous No. 927582

>>927581
very cool anon

Image not available

812x810

1560985862787.jpg

Anonymous No. 927600

>>927489
if you share the model somewhere, pls share

Image not available

1235x890

update2.jfif.jpg

Anonymous No. 927610

>>926752
This is looking amazing

Image not available

1257x826

update1.jfif.jpg

Anonymous No. 927612

Image not available

518x584

Alchemist_002_dx2.gif

Anonymous No. 927613

Made a lowpoly retro thing today. It has been ages since I've done something like this, so it didn't turn out quite like I had hoped for, but it was fun to try again.

Image not available

518x584

Alchemist_003_dx2.gif

Anonymous No. 927614

>>927613
Without coat

Anonymous No. 927622

>>927613
looks very nice
could fit right into Legend of the Dragoon of final fantasy 8-9

Anonymous No. 927633

>>927613
>>927614
pretty sick, bro

Image not available

1920x1080

test4.png

Anonymous No. 927634

>>927561
>>927577
yeah, you're right. other than the use of 256x and indexed colours there is no other implementation of psx. any thoughts on this?

Anonymous No. 927638

>>927634
maybe try projecting the texture of the moon onto a low resolution sphere?
other than that i dont have anything to add

Image not available

1918x1078

test8.png

Anonymous No. 927640

>>927638
does the moongod look flat?

Anonymous No. 927642

>>927633
>>927622
Thanks!

Image not available

1627x664

textures.png

Anonymous No. 927643

>>927510
Ironing out the texturing pipeline. This is just a diffuse and roughness map being displayed in a web GLB viewer.

>>927614
>>927613
>>927612
Very nice

>>927640
Looks sick with the red tint / glow.

Image not available

603x778

9.png

Anonymous No. 927660

Did some more heads over the weekend. Basically just rewatching the same 2 minutes of this indonesian zoomer sculptor's process videos

Anonymous No. 927681

>>927660
why are you watching some gimpy shit when you can watch the best in the world work:
https://b23.tv/lsMPCF4

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 927687

>Wales to win 4-0 is 200/1
>England to win 10-0 is 200/1

Sheepbros...

Anonymous No. 927688

>>927660
Expression is very nice, now do the rest of the head anon

Anonymous No. 927691

>>926268
https://youtu.be/-WPNdsBNb1Y
Me and my frens finished this funy animation all origano in blender

Image not available

947x968

Untitled.jpg

Anonymous No. 927692

>>926702
Some more progress. Trying out different toon shaders. I like how the hair turned out, but the body is fucking impossible because my topology is trash. I sorta like the plastic look honestly.

Image not available

841x953

Untitsssssled.jpg

Anonymous No. 927693

>>927692
with toon shader

Anonymous No. 927699

>>926274
Hey, fellow Vtuber. Rookie 3d designer here. If you would be so kind, could you list the guides you used from scrap?

At least the first ones. I want to use mine for VRchat too, so I don't need to do holy job like you.

Anonymous No. 927733

>>927693
>it even shades like a bad mexican dA upload
SOVL

Image not available

500x641

tumblr_oer5zhlCCr....png

Anonymous No. 927737

>>926268
In this model the facial features are painted as textures right? If i want to make a similar low poly model with a facial rig what would you guys suggest? Something akin to megaman legends ? Anything else you guys can think of?

Image not available

1558x759

rat_and_weapons.jpg

Anonymous No. 927739

Spent the last 2 days working on Rat design. Also made the guns less tall so it gives them a longer appearance and look less toy like.

Not much to post.

Image not available

571x522

217481076061.jpg

Anonymous No. 927758

good morning sirs

Anonymous No. 927780

>>927737
thats just using a spritesheet that has all your facial expressions in a grid like layout and offsetting the uv with an animation

Image not available

1920x1080

first model.png

Anonymous No. 927781

>>926268
this is the first model ive made

Image not available

1153x995

Screenshot from 2....png

Anonymous No. 927793

Opinion on this Miku?

Image not available

3564x896

01.jpg

Anonymous No. 927812

Someone commented last model's pose was very static so I try something more dynamic feeling now.

Image not available

1920x1080

k.png

Anonymous No. 927834

>>926268
FAKE PRODUCT
i tink it needs a charging port
maybe a button

Image not available

1534x868

1667675411890.png

Anonymous No. 927839

I'm making a holy sword of holy proportions

>>927812
Very nice

Image not available

2198x646

TandemPreview.png

Anonymous No. 927852

>>927643
Finally did some more unwrappan

Image not available

1280x720

them.webm

Anonymous No. 927854

>>927640
done with it
>>927780
you can keyframe uv maps? but switching between expressions wont look very smooth right? do you have any samples or examples?

Image not available

1277x565

In-Game Hull.png

Anonymous No. 927856

>>927852
Vehicle exported to webgl.

Image not available

962x720

9773113061.png

Anonymous No. 927863

>>927854
Well, if you were going for a slightly more technically impressive Alone In The Dark look, then you've certainly achieved it.

I mean that not as an insult but in the best way possible.

Anonymous No. 927866

>>927640
Giant space anus

Image not available

1049x794

file.png

Anonymous No. 927869

>>927420
Apologies for deleting the post anon.
The character in question is supposed to be a bit chubbier than usual and that's why I decided to focus on the more subcutaneous features to accentuate that. Not to say that I know how to balance the like but I totally understand your point.

Still WIP obv.

Anonymous No. 927870

>>927863
Initially i wanted to go for a psx look but ended up liking pixel art style more.

Anonymous No. 927871

>>927866
Truly the ultimate cosmic horror. The cosmic fart

Image not available

593x793

10.png

Anonymous No. 927875

>>927660
I just want to coom anon, anime timelapses are nice... thanks, I'll slowly work through this
>>927688
thanks anon I'm just speedrunning these so I nuke the file after I've capped them. I'll eventually get to other features once I get the hang of faces. Here's tonight's sketch, looking at monolids. Eyes are probably way too far apart

Anonymous No. 927876

>>927875
start using spheres for eyes so you get used to wrapping lids around them and placing them properly. best to get used to it early.

Image not available

2214x695

faceblob11.png

Anonymous No. 927889

>>927876
I tried slamming spheres straight onto the base mesh and building round em for this one. I know there's meant to be 1 eye distance between eyes, is that for the eye as a sphere, or for the visible portion of the eye only? Getting some fishfaces here. Also need to take a look at how eyelids wrap around on 3/4, looks weirdly flat

Anonymous No. 927893

>>927889
push the lower orbit (bony bit below lid/top of cheek) outward and raise zygomatic/cheekbone

Image not available

474x384

file.png

Anonymous No. 927895

>>927893
also this line that you're following; it doesn't exist.
zygomatic arch is a horizontal line from bottom of orbit to just above ear hole

recommend you watch this some time
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV12J411K7g2

Image not available

972x735

workshop props.png

Anonymous No. 927898

Doing some workshop / garage props, nothing special but it's quite relaxing. I'm so fucking proud of that jerry can like you wouldn't believe

Image not available

7191x5078

Virmen_wip_003.jpg

Anonymous No. 927925

>>927739
Still hammering out a Ratman design. Looking at these proportions. Going to redo the guns at a later date. Found better reference art.

Anonymous No. 927930

>>927812
Anon, make sure you are not cooming too much. I did that and pretty much burnt out making waifu models.

Image not available

1216x804

file.png

Anonymous No. 927938

show no mercy.

>>927420
a better shot because I'm a dumbass

>>927812
that was me, this is much better and absolutely lovely.

Anonymous No. 927939

>>927938
Biceps are way too large relative to triceps and her anterior deltoids are not there. Collarbone and traps are kind of hidden by fluff but I think they're out of place too. Aside from that it looks alright, though I think you might want to either add more ab definition or more fatty sag below the bellybutton.

Anonymous No. 927941

>>927925
Really cool anon

Anonymous No. 927953

>>927941
Thank you. Going to try out blocking technique I been watching.

Image not available

660x2640

1652213314978.png

Anonymous No. 927969

>>927839
I need a proper grip and more details on the guard but I'm happy with the shape.

Image not available

600x739

carsRhard.jpg

Anonymous No. 927973

>>926881
well, I've been chipping at this for a while now.
I'm just about done with it I think.
idk. Kinda lost how to proceed or how to finish this.

Anonymous No. 927990

>>927973
nice
now model rally vincent to drive it

Image not available

708x806

file.png

Anonymous No. 927992

>>927939
added more belly fat but i'll post that later when the outfit is done ig.

>>927973
niceeoo, for how long anon?

Anonymous No. 927994

>>927895
>>927889
I don't know what it is but something is off in these faces. I liked the first ones you posted better tho.

>>927869
>>927938
>>927992
I'm liking the body but the face is a bit harsh

>>927973
Very nice. Of the times I tried I never could get a smooth surface

>>927925
>>927739
I'm really liking the proportions. It's kind of cute

>>927898
Looks cool. I'm guessing you will work on highres versions? otherwise why leave the normals so round

>>927692
>>927693
The lips are sticking too much. I guess cell shading would make it less apparent. Hands are weird. Too pointy fingers.

>>927793
Face looks bad. Body is ok. I think anime faces are flatter with not much definition to the lips. Look at anime statues.

>>927812
I'm not liking that pose very much, specially those 'tails'. Model looks great tho.

>>927852
>>927856
Didn't like it much at first but these last images have changed my mind.

Anonymous No. 927996

>>927994
>I'm guessing you will work on highres versions?
Nah fuck that lol, just gonna run Materialize on some image textures and be done with it, I don't like to spend hours on a single prop, especially considering I'm pumping out like 10 models a day of these sort of little items, if I used the high poly > bake workflow I would never see the end of it. And besides, these are low-mid poly items the player will hardly stop to admire, no point going that high quality for this kind of project
>Looks cool.
Thanks bro, 'preciate

Anonymous No. 928012

>>927990
Lel, I was listening to gunsmiths op when I was doing this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7HPyUcy37I
>>927992
On and off it for like a few weeks I think. First time with a car. Did not expect it to be this hard desu
>>927994
Me neither, I posted about it last thread asking about the topology. Removing and adding edges again seem to help a lot tho idk

Anonymous No. 928017

>>927895
o nice, thanks anon that's really handy. Just got absolutely mogged in the first 5 minutes doing that skull from memory exercise

Image not available

1448x625

grunt pics.png

Anonymous No. 928020

>>927994
>Didn't like it much at first but these last images have changed my mind.
Thanks anon, my stuff isn't particularly sophisticated.
Current WIP.

Anonymous No. 928024

>>928020
Those surface reflections look very aesthetic anon

Anonymous No. 928047

>>927994
Yeah the lips look kinda weird. The hands are supposed to be like "monster claws" or something. thanks for feedback tho

Anonymous No. 928058

>>927610
Z Z Z ะ‘Aะ—ะ˜POBAHO Z Z Z

Anonymous No. 928060

>>927869
how many times are you going to make this exact same mesh lol

Anonymous No. 928128

>>928020
Loving the design here

Anonymous No. 928170

>>927992
how much more belly fat? Are you sure you're adding enough?

Image not available

1030x795

l.jpg

Anonymous No. 928352

He's a nice man

Anonymous No. 928354

>>928352
Awesome job! I love it.

Anonymous No. 928355

>>928352
>r*d matcap
I hate it...

Anonymous No. 928356

>>928352
Really cool although I think the boundary between the hair and face should be much sharper

Image not available

1024x720

untitled.png

Anonymous No. 928402

am i gonna make it

Anonymous No. 928408

>>928402
Yes

Image not available

1282x999

mspainterly flash.png

Anonymous No. 928441

>>928020
Currently working on something else, trying to make MSPaint style skyboxes and working out a workflow for it.

>>928024
>>928128
Thanks anons.

Image not available

2048x1080

94701722_32223440....jpg

Anonymous No. 928457

Abdomen enters the room in her stars and stripes onesie, producing a silver platter of colored vials, each labeled with the face of a great NASCAR driver from the golden age, the Earnhardt years. Plantatia squats close to the floor in the perfect balance between yoga pose, and tactical battle-stance.
Abdomen nods.
"When I was born, I had a vision. George Washington was there, and he was my father. He would pour milk on the ground and say, 'Surely by now all this milk must be spoiled!' Plantatia, we will drink these poisons that were sold to me at fair market value by a trusted e-friend. We will imbibe this putrid mess and we will micturate into the public water supply. Our bodies will be life taking amphoras of heinous fluid."
Plantatia stares at the vials intently, careful not to look Abdomen in the eyes.
"I would like the Jeff Gordon one."

Image not available

1024x1024

wip6.jpg

Anonymous No. 928464

Got me legs, a battery backpack and clamp mechanisms for attaching things. All that's left is the eyes and head itself.
>>928352
Very nice
>>928457
santiago

Anonymous No. 928469

>>928352
my man

Image not available

1280x720

metal thingasdf.png

Anonymous No. 928600

ooooo metal thing

Image not available

600x821

kira.png

Anonymous No. 928603

>>928600

Anonymous No. 928618

>>928402
ask again after you add toes

Anonymous No. 928626

>>928618
or slap on a sock texture

Image not available

1425x998

todaybrogress.png

Anonymous No. 928640

>>928441
Todays progress

Anonymous No. 928656

>>928640
im in love

Image not available

750x885

zakuupdate.png

Anonymous No. 928824

>>927612
finally got the body painted up

Image not available

706x886

back.png

Anonymous No. 928825

Image not available

751x885

Untitled.png

Anonymous No. 928827

>>928824
shitty edit and it depends on what you want of course, but the mouth looks a bit better with it being wider on the bottom. Something looks a bit off with the head this way.

Very nice work though, im jealous

Anonymous No. 928832

>>928824
>>928825
excellent

Image not available

1280x720

metal thing again.png

Anonymous No. 928834

>>928603
i'm glad, here is another metal thing
booleans are coooool

Image not available

4000x3000

uconsole.jpg

Anonymous No. 928835

>>926268
My work for the /3/ server challenge

Image not available

500x500

blender-bro.jpg

Anonymous No. 928843

>>928834
Buy Hard Ops and Boxcutter Blender bro.

Anonymous No. 928846

>>928835
What? Is there a thread? I wanna do something, once i finish the fucking robot

Image not available

1246x889

face2.png

Anonymous No. 928874

>>928827
it does look better that way. ill edit to reflect.

Put it on a shapekey so i dont permanently do something bad

Image not available

1066x798

face.png

Anonymous No. 928875

Anonymous No. 928915

>>928846
It's nothing really official, we just thought the uConsole looked cool and took turnns at modeling it, we're on the discord server in OP's message, you're welcome there :)

Image not available

468x312

bfcc623605526e36.jpg

Anonymous No. 928919

>>928874
>PULL
>there is no handle

Anonymous No. 928927

>>928919
you pull the latch in the normal map

Anonymous No. 928951

>>928843
yes josh i will

Anonymous No. 928955

>>926271
sell the 3d files with the unity project file for $100 and you will unironically make a quarter million. I am not joking.

Image not available

1920x1080

2.jpg

Anonymous No. 929014

Trying out some face mocap stuff with my man Frank

Image not available

1608x680

Goliath Hull caps.png

Anonymous No. 929018

>>928640
Finished another hull, only one more to go.

>>928824
>>928825
>>928874
Really cool and fun stuff

>>928835
Based. Link to thread / blog?

Anonymous No. 929029

>>929018
Thanku <3
here -> https://discord.gg/ujt5vtr4DE

Image not available

2089x1223

1641594990049.jpg

Anonymous No. 929044

Trying to do Robocop's gun.
Guns are always a big challenge for me so I like trying them. Particularly the handle and grip as you can probably tell.
Hasn't helped that I used a bunch of references this time, but didn't realise until I was almost done that they have slight differences in them.

Image not available

860x500

bookstoresmell1.jpg

Anonymous No. 929045

>mom takes you to the book store

Image not available

128x72

000044.jpg

Anonymous No. 929046

the website

Anonymous No. 929077

>>927449
Eating Mexican food the movie.

Anonymous No. 929091

>be away from /3 for a few month come back, quality of wip rises ...

...wtf? what happend?

Anonymous No. 929107

>>929091
uh oh. now that you're back they'll go down again

Anonymous No. 929114

>>929107
kek gottem

Image not available

640x606

1658140642062598.jpg

Anonymous No. 929127

>>929107
>>929114

...i am pretty sure there is no correlation between me visiting this board and its quality!

Image not available

768x480

yoba.webm

Anonymous No. 929140

web game engine space

Anonymous No. 929167

>>928402
>following on 3dguy's footsteps
holy based

Anonymous No. 929168

>>929044
Bevel them edges ffs

Image not available

729x416

kururu beruru.png

Anonymous No. 929175

>>926268
haven't modelled any characters in a while.
Rigging's killing me

Anonymous No. 929176

>>929168
Give me a chance pal I've only just blocked it out. Flipping heck.

Image not available

2556x1388

Death.png

Anonymous No. 929184

Due to the lack of a proper blender thread I am posting this here
I'm not an animator but a programmer so I'm kinda retarded
Trying to export these animations from this model into Unity, I am indeed baking animations
exporting only the armature (as the mesh with the armature has already been exported in a fbx only), as I want only the animations
All the animations clip appear in unity, but for some reason they don't have any motion at all and the model is just laying down in a ref pose

I am just selecting the armature object in object mode, all the motherfucking youtube tutorials say this, and just vary in a few export options, which I already have specifics of
I am doing anything wrong here? Am I stupid?

Anonymous No. 929187

>>929184
Should've mentioned that I'm using the latest version, and as thinking that this was a blender issue, I downgraded to 3.0
That didn't do anything

Image not available

1919x1079

file.png

Anonymous No. 929193

This is the first model that I properly model on ZBrush. Right now I'm just trying to pose it because I'm too stupid for rigging in blender

Anonymous No. 929195

>>929176
Some anons think this is the finished projects general

Image not available

1190x503

antom practice.jpg

Anonymous No. 929271

Anonymous No. 929277

>>929193
>>929175
Very nice
>>928640
Whatโ€™s this art for? Are you trying to generate collages?

Anonymous No. 929297

>>929271
Pretty neat. The sternum area still needs work, i'm guessing you're getting there.

Anonymous No. 929307

>>926268
I have an idea for an animation, that I'd like to share with you for free:
A piece of corn sings "I will survive" while we join it on its journey through the digestive tract.
Go bonkers.

Image not available

1920x1080

bad apple test 70....webm

Anonymous No. 929342

tried recreating the first 15 seconds of Bad Apple! as a practice exercise. I realise now that animating dancing to a beat is actually quite challenging

Anonymous No. 929359

>>929342
i know you can have audio play when you scrub but if i were you i would write a short script to place markers according to a bpm

Anonymous No. 929360

>>929359
https://blender.stackexchange.com/a/110784
oh hey look someone already wrote one

Anonymous No. 929362

>>929359
yeah I have the audio playing while scrubbing but I was still finding it challenging

>>929360
I don't know anything about scripting but I'll try to figure out how to use that, thanks

Image not available

1344x890

Final1.jfif.jpg

Anonymous No. 929406

>>928875
Ive basically finished. Next is redoing my barrel glow emission, doing the animations, import to unity for VR

Anonymous No. 929407

>>929406
honestly looks better than what the art team did for that overwatch clone lmao

Image not available

1621x878

Final2.jfif.jpg

Anonymous No. 929408

>>929406

Image not available

1410x869

Final3.jfif.jpg

Anonymous No. 929409

Hatch open, power off glory shot

>>929407
I could do a comparison of the two. For all that its worth, G : EVO was my introduction to Gundam and without it I wouldnt have face first dove into all the great OVAs that exist

Anonymous No. 929434

>>929184
Haven't used Blender before but:
Maybe check that Unity is indeed assigning the start and end animation frames correctly.

I would also try making sure both fbx are imported as Humanoid (Inspector->Rig->AnimationType->Humanoid), that way it won't matter if the fbx structures are not the same/have different names. If the structures are the same it should also work with Generic (not sure about Legacy)

You can just drop the animation fbx into the scene to check if it's actually exporting the bones and to check the structure.

You could also just export the model+animations, I think only the used meshes/animations are exported when you build the project.

Anonymous No. 929435

>>929184
Didn't saw the pic lol
Why are all your animations starting at 0??
I export 1 animation per fbx. I guess you can try having all in the same fbx but they can't overlap.

Anonymous No. 929443

>>926531
IMO, with those ears and horns, I'd rather say her face should be uglier and less human-like, more like a female Shrek type face. Maybe eyes could look a bit more rounder and with large lashes and pronounced eyelids, rounder face and smaller mouth with bulging lips. Good job!

Anonymous No. 929464

>>929406
>>929409
Very nice anon!

Image not available

1080x1080

TrollFace.jpg

Anonymous No. 929470

Rate my epic trollface

Anonymous No. 929471

>>929434
Check I checked it with /agdg/ and someone gave some help, turned out to be that the FBX wasn't even exporting with any keyframe at all, for some reason.
Then doing a bit more experimentation while exporting, it does export the animations if one specific mesh gets exported along with it, so it stops being an armature + animation export only

An armature export only would show the ROOT bone as top object in Unity, meanwhile an armature + specific mesh makes it the ARMATURE object, just like it should be.
So somehow the Armature object has a dependency on one mesh, and if that mesh doesn't export, the armature object doesn't either? It's extremely weird, and I have no idea

>I would also try making sure both fbx are imported as Humanoid (Inspector->Rig->AnimationType->Humanoid)
Yeah both my imports have the appropiate Generic rig type.
The animation import is set to use the same avatar as the model import, that's why the model even appears in the bottom preview, else it wouldn't.

>>929435
>Why are all your animations starting at 0??
They start at frame zero because it's what is most reasonable, imo?
If I wanted to delay the start i'd put a empty "buffer" entity state in the animator, not bake it in the animation asset

>>929408
>anime girl pinups inside the cockpit
based, other than that the extremely low res normal map giving the monitors and control panels (mostly on the right side) a wear-out looks kinda bad, reminds me of asset-flip horror unity games for phones that have grunginess on the materials put to the max
I'd expect the inside of the cockpit nice and tidy since it's not something that gets exposed to the outside and its a pilot's own personal space

Image not available

1024x1024

wip8.jpg

Anonymous No. 929480

I think i'll go with this. Time to uv and paint. I have to figure out what should be a separate shader, id map, texture set, it's a bit confusing.

Image not available

900x900

this one iguess.gif

Anonymous No. 929481

FUCK animation i just wanna press a button and have fighting game animations

Anonymous No. 929482

>>929470
10/10

Anonymous No. 929484

>>929481
there are tons of free fighting animations

Image not available

800x800

emme.png

Anonymous No. 929485

>>929484
that's true.. i guess i could look into that just to get some stuff worth playtesting with but i want all my characters to feel more unique
another chara also

Anonymous No. 929514

>>929471
yeah thats the height map doing that. Luckily that shit doesnt matter for unity I just always like to put on everything I bake out in blender

Image not available

960x768

outdoor ac unit.webm

Anonymous No. 929542

>>928834
my very own air conditioner

Anonymous No. 929563

>>929480
if you want you should remove the fan and add a vent, or move the fan back and add a vent over it with the fan visible inside
no machine leaves the fans open on the outer shell like that

Anonymous No. 929629

>>929470
He looks like he's about to create the industrial revolution
>>929481
Same. 3d is sometimes annoying, like you master modeling and you feel good about yourself but you realize you have to learn how to texture, render, animate, etc. etc.
It gets taxing but we keep doing it because we enjoy 3d enough to keep going along.
>>929406
That's some pro shit right there. I assume you work in the industry- but regardless its really good.

Image not available

1450x890

ZK1.png

Anonymous No. 929637

>>929629
Its been a fun project over the past 3 months.

I work as a Midlevel character modeler

Anonymous No. 929680

>>929542
nice air conditioner

cute tummy

Image not available

1425x1607

car.jpg

Anonymous No. 929720

>>927973
finishing touches in Unreal.
Had fun with material nodes n stuff.
I think I'm really done now
thoughts?

Anonymous No. 929746

>>929720
Looks pretty swell, it would take me a fucking month to make this. That's one shitty jpeg though i can't see if the rear end is a separate piece, it should be, like the front. I mean a single normal map line would do the trick

Anonymous No. 929756

>>929680
thaanks ;D

Anonymous No. 929757

>>929637
its ok but the blurry textures and blown out lighting are distracting and the fact that its not an original design are "well"

Image not available

1174x1385

1649453554973.jpg

Anonymous No. 929779

>>929195
I sort of wish there was a finished projects general, but at the same time I like watching people post their "journey" in here and posting the finished thing at the end. Although a lot of them don't seem to do that and we never see how it looks in the end.

Also can someone send me halp with this? It doesn't seem to matter how much beveling is done to it, whether it's shaded smooth or flat, whether auto smoothing is on or off, nor how much subdiv it has it stays like this.
There's no doubles or nothing like that neither. I just can't seem to get it smooth.

Image not available

2114x678

GoresuckerMatcap.png

Anonymous No. 929795

>>927449
Making a parasitic creature that will fly around the environment in swarms

Image not available

1339x890

together nobump.png

Anonymous No. 929800

>>929757
it does what I need it to do, why should I come up with an Original design when I want a Zaku 2? I have other original projects

its the bump thats causing the issues, so heres it removed.

Anonymous No. 929802

>>929779
soften the normals maybe? idk

Anonymous No. 929805

>>929800
based and zeon-pilled

Anonymous No. 929818

>>929779
did you bevel the edges making up the curve of the trigger? Maybe you selected all the edges and hit the bevel tool by mistake.

Anonymous No. 929833

>>929779
Post wireframe, what the mesh look like

Image not available

2022x768

Notaheadcrab.png

Anonymous No. 929842

>>929795

Image not available

1144x1198

Image 12-15-22 at....jpg

Anonymous No. 929862

Simple lil chibi guy, critique and hate welcome

Anonymous No. 929864

>>929862
Where is the head?
Gives me kingdom hearts vibes i like it

Anonymous No. 929866

>>929818
That's what it was. Thanks fren. I always make some retarded mistake and need my /wip/bros to clean up my mess.

>>929802
>>929833
Other anon solved the issue for me. Thanks anyway lads.

Anonymous No. 929873

>>929864
Not made yet, still heavy wip. Thanks, big shoes and zippers will do that

Image not available

742x711

1671176600.azb864....png

Anonymous No. 929882

Anonymous No. 929939

>>929882
nice

Image not available

2349x1291

a ship .png

Anonymous No. 929980

Finally finished my first model that isn't based off of following any tutorials

The shapes were pretty simple so it wasn't hard to piece together
I just hope the clipping parts won't show up too badly when I do the colors

Anonymous No. 929981

>>929406
How do you get that dirty gritty look?

Anonymous No. 929984

>>929980
>I just hope the clipping parts won't show up too badly when I do the colors

You can use a boolean and it will look a lot smoother. Where the wings meet the body for example.

Anonymous No. 929987

>>929882
are you the furry war crimes guy?

Image not available

1405x665

ZBrush_Obnxh5kNaS.png

Anonymous No. 930033

>>929167
>>928618
who is 3d guy xd,
also I havent done feets yet. im gonna learn hands and feet soon. why is making a nice face so hard..

Anonymous No. 930051

>>929984
Thanks for the tip anon, I had no idea what boolen did. It's super helpful.

Anonymous No. 930061

>>930051
be careful using booleans. They'll make messed up geometry that can cause crashes. Save before.

Image not available

2066x1174

1668547046864.jpg

Anonymous No. 930077

>>930051
You're welcome. There's some short tuts that will show you how to get the best out of booleans and like the other anon says, be sure to save because they can cause crashes if your geometry goes too fucked up.
Another thing you should do is make a duplicate first if you're trying something new. Just for example, duplicate the wings and body and hide one set of them. That way if you fuck something up and you've ran out of undos you can just delete the duplicates and you still have a backup. It just saves you from trying to fix the mess you've made and can't undo or modeling the object(s) all over again. I probably wouldn't suggest making backups of every single thing though because it's not necessary. Just do it if you're experimenting with something you haven't tried before.
You can also change the undo limit. I think the limit is around 30, but I increased mine because I always fuck something up. Just remember it takes up more memory so don't change it to like 2000 undo steps or something if you do change it.

One thing I have noticed, looking back at your model, is that it's gone kind of flat but in the reference it's still more rounded. You've probably noticed I'm not very good at explaining things so pic related might explain it a bit better.
In the reference it tapers a bit at one end whereas yours is more the same throughout. It's more kind of "puffy" in the ref if you know what I mean, but yours is more flat.
I'm not giving you a hard time I just want to help you.

Btw take everything I say with a pinch of salt. I'm acting like I'm some expert in the industry, but I'm not and I'm probably just talking a load of shite. Always get a second opinion from someone else whenever I give advice.

Anonymous No. 930083

>>930077
>You can also change the undo limit.
Are you serious
Holy fuck I literally did run into that exact problem and was cursing my shit luck

I didn't even think that was an option since I'm so used to doing regular art
But ye I did mess it up already by applying subdivision surface than doing stuff than realizing I had to go back but it was too late
And fixing subdivision surface with it's millions of points is impossible to do

I chalked it up as a learning failure and going to try making other stuff

But seriously thanks for the tips

Anonymous No. 930086

>>930083
>applying subdivision surface than doing stuff than realizing I had to go back but it was too late
>And fixing subdivision surface with it's millions of points is impossible to do

Yeah I was always a victim of that myself. It's always best to not apply subdiv until it's necessary just to avoid that kind of thing.
Remember that where your modifiers are in the stack makes a difference too.
One thing you might want to try before replicating directly from a reference the way (I think) you have is by blocking things out with images. It's so much easier and keeps things in proportion. For instance dimensions.com you can use. It'll give you a a front view, side view, the real world dimensions, and all of that shit. And it saves you from doing it by eye. You can change your units in Blender too to feet, inches, mm, or whatever. It's handy for real world scale. It's cumbersome when you know something is 10cm irl, but the units you're using in Blender are 1m.
Keep it up bro.

Anonymous No. 930091

>>929800
The garish bright tone of pink superimposed onto my Zeon atrocities machine gives me severe clownish whiplash... the least you could do is paint that bad boy a nice shade of army green.

No, I don't care that there were pink Zaku out there somewhere. It looks gay and those pilots probably like cock.

Image not available

1582x858

1656389447338.png

Anonymous No. 930100

>>926268
how am i doing? any tips on how i can level up my modelling skills? how can i add more detail?

Image not available

498x525

trul.jpg

Anonymous No. 930134

I HATE UV MAPPING
I HATE UV MAPPING

Anonymous No. 930142

>>930134
use zbrush's uv master, and just accept the results it produces

Image not available

1280x720

mini_tank_01.webm

Anonymous No. 930145

>>926832
Finally had some free time and decided to start blocking out this thing.

Anonymous No. 930146

>>930145
You're actually doing it, that's great. I'm UVing my spiderbot.

Anonymous No. 930149

>>930146
>>929480
Thanks!.
Good luck with your spider bot, He looks dope.
I like how you arranged the eyes on him.

Image not available

1800x1400

APinkStudy.png

Anonymous No. 930150

>>929981
dirt brush and painting in edge wear / rust / paint discoloration

>>930091
I'll be making a standard green one. Pink is a military color

Also I'm gay and suck cock

Anonymous No. 930161

>>930150
>Pink is a military color
You mean a GAY military color...

Image not available

2780x1494

Creatures.png

Anonymous No. 930267

>>929842
>>929795

Image not available

1182x720

SizeComparison.webm

Anonymous No. 930269

>>930267
Size Comparison

Image not available

1271x893

DRAB.png

Anonymous No. 930272

>>930161
>>930091
I have worked out a way

Anonymous No. 930278

>>930272
It looks good but the pink one was nice too.

Anonymous No. 930288

>>930278
i still have it! dw

Anonymous No. 930308

>>930161
>GAY
>military
A bit redundant

Anonymous No. 930404

>bump limit
>Image Limit
New thread when?

Anonymous No. 930441

>>927640
This is neat anon, I like this kind of aesthetic. Just replayed legend of dragoon too so this makes it so much cooler.

Anonymous No. 930448

>>930404
I wonder what brave souls will bake the next thread

Anonymous No. 930479

>>930448
>>930478
I did it.
If i messed up anything, fuck y'all and make your own damn thread.

Anonymous No. 930488

>>930441
Thanks anon, this piece was inspired by signalis. would highly recommend the game if you like survival horror and this pixel 3d aesthetic with a sweet yuri story