Image not available

680x969

ee2.png

๐Ÿงต can never decide what to use for personal projects

Anonymous No. 951467

I want to start making personal art projects again but I have no idea what to use. Every single DCC out there has stuff I like about it, but also stuff that pisses me the fuck off.

3DS Max:

Pros: Modifier stack is amazing, some neat plugins, the option of using forest pack is a godsend for making environments, last few updates are actually pretty promising by Autojew standards

Cons: 2002 looking ass UI, grouping is fucking retarded, slate material editor is AWFUL even compared to Hypershade, absolutely ABYSMAL UV tools, needing to use scripts for several extremely basic functions that somehow aren't included out of the box
Maya:

Pros: Great UV tools, cleaner UI than Max (imo), pie menus are very handy, access to Wizix's plugins (they are v cool), MASH is decent enough for scattering, ships with Arnold, still the leader in animation tools

Cons: Lacking tools in general - no way of making terrains etc simply, awful sculpting 'tools', hypershade is still dogshit and slow, BUGGED AF VIEWPORT PREVIEWS (WHY can the viewport not show textures anymore if they are plugged into color correct nodes WHY??), lack of modifier stack, Booleans are still a joke, basically on life support since Autodesk just forgot it existed apparently

Blender:

Pros: Free, much more modern looking UI, huge community, actually actively worked on, very cool plugins / addons, access to both Cycles and Eevee, Mod stack (sort of), sculpting, can basically do everything, loads more nodes for procedural shading

Cons: extremely counter-intuitive to anyone familiar with the industry standard. Relies on you learning extremely autistic combinations of hotkeys to do anything, can do a lot of things but isnt the best at any of them, fanbase so obnoxious to the point where its actually a legitimate reason for me not wanting to use it, awful spline tools compared to max, terrible at handling large scenes, shit UV tools compared to Maya, what the fuck is it doing with its pivot system

the chair nerd No. 951468

DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE NEED MORE OF? 100 MORE THREADS THAT COMPARE BLENDER WITH MAX AND MAYA.

>>951455
>>947189
>>951329
>>950574
>>949702
>>943145

FUCK YOU A BILLION TIMES OP.

Anonymous No. 951469

>>951468

i will post another one tomorrow

the chair nerd No. 951470

>>951469
Ok and the other 99? You should make 100% sure to outsource your personal decision of using a specific software for your projects. I bet you will get constructive and argumented answers.

Anonymous No. 951479

>>951467
There is no industry standard. There isn't even agreement about what defines the industry.

You either have skills and the work ethic to get a job or you don't.

Anonymous No. 951537

>>951479

I'm in in the industry tho. I use Max for work, used to use Maya before that because its what I used at uni. Even so, nothing ever seems like the 'right' package to use

Anonymous No. 954528

Just use the tools you have?

Anonymous No. 954584

>>951468
this.

Anonymous No. 954588

>>951468
IT TAKES YEARS FOR THEM TO SLIDE OFF THE FRONT PAGE HERE AAAAHHHHHHH

Anonymous No. 954620

>>951467
Start with max, you'll probably not want much more.

Anonymous No. 954632

>>951467
You need to read maya 2024's release notes. VERY Huge modelling performance across the board. Blender activity has been going down since the vax and all the would be blender fags already quit the hobby along with their dreams of becoming a minimum wage 3d artist.